Wednesday 25 May 2005

Apronmania

This is my favourite apron from the four (I have just counted them), that my DF and I got from his mother's unit when we were clearing up there. Somewhere, too, I am sure I have some patterns.

Hardanger Apron

This one is Battenburg, which was a special interest of hers. She wasn't one to entertain, so it was probably more the challenge and achievement of making a large piece, than making something to wear. The white would never have been practical.

Interested in more on aprons - pop over and check out Pamela Kellogg's blog. I'll be back later with the other three aprons from Flo's collection.

This post has been edited

*Mea Culpa (and Thanks Joy)* I originally called this Hardanger, in a slip of the mind - I do know the difference (it IS Battenburg), just wasn't thinking. And I now know this is a Bazaar or Fete Apron - more about them one day soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Frances said...

ooo, I love that one!

8:14 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Aaaagh! You are right! I had a senior moment!!! It is Battenburg!!!

Silly me.

I will go and edit

3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home