Tuesday 19 April 2005

Wandering around Melbourne

I have a Dear Friend (DF) who is working one or two days a week in Melbourne at the moment, so I hitched a lift down and borrowed the car for the day. Now I am back at his office waiting for him - and playing on the computer. But if has been a fun day.

First, it was off to the Needlecraft Book Services, and a few of those books. It is so much more fun to actually see the books. I did end up getting the Fairies iron-on transfers - but I won't be using them until I photocopy the whole lot first.

And then there is a decoupage book that is probably over a hundred colour vignettes of Victorian angels - wonderful for silk-prints. And a book on fabric boxes. I think that is a direction that I will be going down soon.

After that, I went just a couple more blocks up Bay Street (North Brighton), and the found the Embroidery Den, which moved to new premises at 357 Bay St just two weeks ago. It was previously in a side street. They have two different ranges of Flower Threads (including the Danish ones), and a few other yummy things.

After that it was up to Malling Road in Canterbury (one Bug Art card of a Dragon, that will look very nice as a silk print) - I love Bug Art cards, and think they are my all time favourites.

Then, just a hop, step and jump from there it was into Bustles and Bows in Union Road in Surrey Hills. Just a lidddddle bit of lace.

And that was me in enough trouble for the day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Oh Linda!!! I live about 10 minutes further on than 'Bustle & Bows' plus I was home today!!!!!!! Never mind perhaps another day when you are down... Sharon/sharlee

6:12 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Sharon,

Drat!!! But I will be down more - and I don't suppose you want to know that his office is in Nunawadding!

But I see on your blog that it wasn't a holiday to be home, and I hope you are feeling better soon.

6:26 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

If you drove up Whitehorse road you drove past the end of my street... The way things are going at work I could have a permanet 'holiday'... Sharon

6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home