Tuesday 8 March 2005

Nice Graphics

Sundial book

I tend to collect graphics from anywhere - this is a little book I have had for years, published in 1919, with a hand-coloured cover.

I reckon it would look rather nice printed on silk as part of a garden piece, or with just the Crinoline Lady cropped out and printed on silk. At a stretch, I reckon I can make her fan look like it is made out of peacock feathers, so I could fit her on the Peacock UFO.

If anyone wants a copy, there is a larger version HERE

2 Comments:

Blogger meggiecat said...

OOOOOOH! I really like this one! Now I'm curious...what are the mottoes?

8:33 am  
Blogger Linda said...

Here is one:

Let Others tell of Storms and Showers
I'll only Count your Sunny Hours

Chosen by Queen Alexander for her sundial.

This is "A Little Book of Sundial Mottoes". First published 1914, republished 1919. Amazing what they thought important at the beginning and end of World War I.

8:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home