Thursday 3 March 2005

More Peacock Blocks finished

Peacock Blocks

Finishing these blocks for my peacock Wall Hanging (my current major UFO) was a quickie. Chris did the block on the left, and I only had to embellish the join and finish off the block on the right - I had been demonstrating the Coral Stitch for the branch.

You can see how it looked HERE, before I started. But basically, all I have done is put in some twining vines for the tatted flowers, using two different Needle necessities over-dyed threads.

And the whole Wall Hanging is HERE. It is the main reason I started on this blog - I wanted to get a kick-start on doing my UFOs, and I think it has worked a bit. Now I need to go back and do some more seams on other blocks I have joined. Then it is join a few more. Now the blocks I am joining are bigger and bigger - I think it will finish in a rush - but not in March.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Hi Chloe, you're a wonderful artist!
I just discovered your blog. Oh I really must try to start crazy quilting. Your work is facinating. Love the stitches you choose, love the colours, love everything. Keep up the marvellous work! :)
Isabelle in France.

6:57 am  
Blogger sharonb said...

Linda - I love this block I think it is one of your best

9:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home