Wednesday 23 March 2005

Jenny's Tie Guts Quilt

This is one of my favourite quilts, made by my friend Jenny. I have just been reminded of it as there has been discussion on one of the lists about using silk ties. We were cutting up a lot of ties, and Jenny asked if we ever used the "bits inside". I thought she meant those usually dark, triangular pieces of lining. I said we did, and the blocks made looked very Amish.

Jenny said no, she meant the "tie guts", the usually white, sometimes woolen bits in the middle. And she went away and produced these blocks, which have a few other light-coloured pieces in them - all recycled - she is proud she had bought nothing to make this quilt.

These are some of the blocks, before she started to embellish.

Jenny's Quilt


Then, Jenny sashed the embellished blocks, using a recycled satin dress. With this as the final result.

Jenny's Quilt

The only other use I have found for the white bits in the middle is they make wonderful pages for needlebooks. But I still think this quilt is one of the most brilliant I have seen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Viv and Eddie said...

Wow! I have to agree with you Linda. That really is a stunning quilt. Congrats to Jenny for being top of the class with innovative ideas.

11:48 am  
Blogger Mary-Frances said...

That is absolutely Fantastic! Wow!

1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home