Monday 17 January 2005

Round Robin Rush Hour

It's a bit hectic here at the minute, with Round Robins on all sides. I have had Chris's Dragon Bag arrive, which is the last piece I have to work on in the Dragon RR before my own piece comes home. And today, as one finishes another starts - Catherine's blocks in the DYB (Doing Your Block) RR have arrived - and just like Catherine - they are verrrrry different. That is the fun thing with DYBS.

And I have finally got my own DYBs all pieced, and they were mailed off today. So I am going to have heaps of pictures to post. But, in the meantime, while I was piecing I pieced a block for the Tsunami Quilt, from the same palette of fabrics as I am using for my DYB.



When I am piecing I often forget to add braids, ribbon and lace as I piece, even though I want to. For this one, which has to happen in a hurry, I needed a kick-start with the embellishing, so I made myself piece a "something" in each time I did a seam. So I am fairly happy with it, except for that large patch at bottom left. I think I might still need to put something on there to break that up a bit.

But apart from that - I am ready to start embellishing. The poor old naked block is going to have to go on the back-burner for a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger sharonb said...

Linda -great block - pleased to see you are joining in :-)

6:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home