Wednesday 12 January 2005

Present from Peggy

Imagine my joy when I got to open my mail on Sunday, and found a wonderful doiley in there from Peggy, with a stunningly executed miniature peacock thereon! Peggy is having a cleanup, and thought I might like it. Yes!!!! Thank You, Peggy.

When it arrived it was white, and I didn't really want white in this wall hanging, so what more appropriate than I hit it with the Ozecraft dyes from Peggy. And I am really happy with it. This is probably the section I will use, as a filler between blocks - not sure where yet - somewhere in the middle.

Peacock Doiley

I was a bit hesitant about using the Ozecraft at first, as I didn't want to overdye the peacock. So I thoroughly saturated the doiley, and gave it a really dilute wash. Then I got game and started putting neat stuff in the background. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

This picture actually shows the embroidery larger than it is. The exquisite little peacock is just 5cm (2 inches) from head to tail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home