Wednesday 26 January 2005

Australia Day continues ......

Thinking further about Symbols of Australia that can be incorporated in CQ.

I do like that fabric that is often to be found in Spotlight of the early Australian food labels. I often cut them up and send them off as individual motifs in the AUS/USA swap. Some of them are wonderful, such as the swaggie with the kangaroo tea label, and one of the jam ones. A lot of them are dead-set boring too, so I usually send a couple of them, to make up for their lack of attraction.

But while they would make a good, arty contribution to a kitchen CQ, they don't really go with lace (except maybe that jam label).

So we're back to wildflowers. I cannot wait to find a reason to use that Lazy Daisy/Fly Stitch combination in pink I was using the other day to do Pink Heath, which is my state emblem.

And, of course, there is always Wattle - our National Emblem. Just, somehow, I cannot see an emu, or even a kangaroo, as something I would be wanting to incorporate into my own CQ.

Enough rambling - I am off to do some real work. Public Holidays??? Bah! Humbug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home